The Atrium Condominium is located in Pittsburgh’s Oakland neighborhood, which includes one-of-a-kind stores, restaurants, salons, and coffee shops. In the heart of Pittsburgh’s new “eds, meds, and beds” area, The Atrium is within an easy walk of all of these landmark destinations:
- The University of Pittsburgh
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Carlow University
- The Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History
- Andrew Carnegie’s flagship library
- The Carnegie Music and Lecture Halls
- The multi-hospital University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- The world-renowned Phipps Conservatory
- Schenley Park and Schenley Plaza
- Soldiers and Sailors Memorial
- Multiple restaurants, hotels, and banks
- Many places of worship
- Majestic homes from the days of Carnegie and Frick
Many of these institutions offer an abundance of interesting activities. For example, Pitt and CMU have Osher Lifelong Learning Institute programs in which people over age 50 can take scores of classes at low cost. And a variety of concerts, lectures, a farmer’s market, and more are all available right in the neighborhood.
Downtown Pittsburgh is about 8 minutes by car, and excellent public transportation is available. In other nearby neighborhoods, high-tech companies like Google and Uber are inventing tomorrow’s technologies—such as self-driving cars (you’ll see them on our streets).
Here’s a high-level view of our location, courtesy of Google Maps.
Copyright 2020 The Atrium Condominium Association