People considering buying a condominium unit often have questions about condo living. Here are some inquiries we often hear.
1.) What are the advantages of living in a condo?
Condo living is the “happy medium” between renting an apartment and living in a free-standing house. There are all the advantages of home ownership (tax breaks, equity creation, flexibility in interior design), combined with things that make life easier (enhanced security, freedom from yard work and snow removal, and travel convenience – roll your suitcase into the elevator, drive away, and don’t worry!).
It’s as carefree as living gets.
2.) What is included in the monthly condominium fee?
Each unit’s monthly maintenance fee is proportionate to the unit’s square footage, and covers these shared costs:
- 24-hour staff: maintenance, office, security
- Capital and operating reserves
- Maintenance and operation of swimming pool, exercise room, public rest rooms, Commons Room, and two guest rooms
- Building and grounds maintenance
- Snow and ice removal
- Upkeep of our extensive plantings
- Water and sewage for the building and owners’ units
- Comcast Digital Starter TV channels for all units and common areas
- Building and association insurance
- Business management with annual audit reviews
- Legal fees pertaining to association business
- Secure handling of delivered packages and mail
- Emergency power generator
3.) What insurance should I have as a condo owner?
The condominium association carries insurance that covers damage to public or common areas. Owners are responsible for insurance to cover their unit contents – everything from the paint on in.
4.) What rules apply to living in a condo unit?
For safety and mutual convenience, there are rules: association bylaws that comply with state laws, and a set of house rules approved by a Board composed of unit owners. For example, moving in or out of the building must be done between 8:00 and 5:00 on weekdays. A COMPLETE SET OF CONDO DOCUMENTS AND HOUSE RULES SHOULD BE REVIEWED BEFORE PURCHASING ANY CONDO UNIT.
5.) Can I rent an apartment in The Atrium?
Rentals are not allowed in The Atrium, either of entire units or bedrooms within a unit. Atrium owners have a strong sense of The Atrium as a community, and we therefore wish to remain a totally owner-occupied building.
6.) Does The Atrium allow pets?
A large majority of Atrium owners recently confirmed a longstanding policy of keeping the building pet-free.
7.) Whom should I contact with questions about The Atrium and its operation?
Either call the office at 412-687-8155 between 8:00 and 12:30 on weekdays, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and the appropriate person will be glad to answer your questions.
Copyright 2019 The Atrium Condominium Association