“The 8th At The Atrium”
Face it – it’s hard to get to know your neighbors from brief chats by the mail boxes or in the elevator. With this knowledge in mind, a group of people decided to start Atrium social gatherings, and the “8th at the Atrium” was born.
On the 8th of various months – about 3 to 4 times a year – anyone who wishes can gather in the Atrium from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm to socialize with neighbors. The most common scenario is for attendees to bring an appetizer or a dessert to share, and attendees also bring their own beverage of choice.
Generally, 40 to 60 unit owners attend.
These social gatherings often have specific themes. Here is a sampling of some of them:
- One year on November 8, the veterans in the Atrium shared their stories, and in a subsequent year, on the same date, the veterans were honored with flag lapel pins and displays.
- On the 8th of August one year, we celebrated the 35th birthday party of the Atrium, complete with a birthday cake and a special recognition of the 14 unit owners who had been in the building since it opened.
- On the 8th of December, we celebrated winter.
- On the 8th of July, we celebrated summer with an ice cream social.
- On the 8th of February, we had a Valentine party.
- On the 8th of December, we celebrated our favorite trips.
- On the 8th of January, we shared our favorite books/authors.
These are just a few of the events. No matter what the theme of the social gatherings, they provide an opportunity to get to know our neighbors.
Copyright 2021 The Atrium Condominium Association