“The 8th At The Atrium”
Face it – it’s hard to get to know your neighbors from brief chats by the mail boxes or in the elevator. With this knowledge in mind, a group of people decided to start Atrium social gatherings, and the “8th at the Atrium” was born.
On the 8th of various months – about 3 to 4 times a year – anyone who wishes can gather in the Atrium from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm to socialize with neighbors. The most common scenario is for attendees to bring an appetizer or a dessert to share, and attendees also bring their own beverage of choice. (The gatherings have been temporarily suspended during the pandemic.)
Generally, 40 to 60 unit owners attend.
These social gatherings often have specific themes. Here is a sampling of some of them:
- One year on November 8, the veterans in the Atrium shared their stories, and in a subsequent year, on the same date, the veterans were honored with flag lapel pins and displays.
- On the 8th of August one year, we celebrated the 35th birthday party of the Atrium, complete with a birthday cake and a special recognition of the 14 unit owners who had been in the building since it opened.
- On the 8th of December, we celebrated winter.
- On the 8th of July, we celebrated summer with an ice cream social.
- On the 8th of February, we had a Valentine party.
- On the 8th of December, we celebrated our favorite trips.
- On the 8th of January, we shared our favorite books/authors.
These are just a few of the events. No matter what the theme of the social gatherings, they provide an opportunity to get to know our neighbors.
Copyright 2023 The Atrium Condominium Association